Friday, January 31, 2014

What has Mrs. Bass been up to on Fridays in January?

The last two Fridays of January, I was invited to present
one of my Colonial history characters at two different locations.
I was sharing the story of Wyn Mabie,
who was a secret messenger for General Washington.


What an honor and a blessing!

On January 24, I repeated a visit from last year
to James Dennis Elementary School in Oklahoma City
for their Colonial Day celebration.
The students were cordial and welcoming.
A great day of learning!


On January 31, I was invited to present at the annual
"Colonial Day at the Capitol" presented by the
Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence.
Such a wondrous day to celebrate
how proud we are to be Americans.


It was an opportunity to share with 500 students
from all over Oklahoma.
I also was blessed to meet interpreters from
Colonial Williamsburg and Mount Vernon.






No comments: